- A basket or bin about the size of a laundry basket.
- A caddy with some type of cleaning cloth (paper towels, sponge, a “rag” as my mom calls it) your favorite cleaning spray and some trash bags.
- You may bring a broom, Swiffer, Vacuum Cleaner–all up to you. (Mopping is another deep clean day task.)
- Now take your basket, cleaning caddy and your cell phone as you go from room to room in your house. Set your timer and GO! (Smaller rooms like bathrooms get 1-2 minutes, medium rooms like dining rooms get 2-3 minutes and larger rooms like family rooms and kitchens get 3-5 minutes each.)
- As soon as the timer starts, quickly put things away, items that go into another room go in the laundry basket, wipe down surfaces, put trash in trash bags and if you have enough time sweep, Swiffer or vacuum your floor. When the timer, DINGS! move on!
- Go from room to room, setting the timer and tidying up as quickly as you can. Before you know it the entire house is neater in minutes!!
- At the end of your session empty the contents of the laundry basket and put the items where they belong.
This is a great technique to teach kids too!
My client Sydnie adapted the Timer Technique to fit her specific needs successfully and you can too!
Contact me anytime!
This is all meant for you to ENJOY YOUR LIFE ORGANIZED!